You no longer need to hide your smile because of gaps, chips, stains, or misshapen teeth. With veneers, you can easily correct your teeth’s imperfections to help you have a more confident, beautiful smile. Veneers are natural in appearance, and are a perfect alternative for patients wanting to make adjustments to the look and feel of their smile.
What are porcelain veneers?
Porcelain veneers are ultra-thin, custom fabricated ceramic shells that bond directly onto the front surface of your teeth. Porcelain veneers offer a natural looking option to correct or enhance chipped or uneven teeth, giving patients the ultimate smile makeover.
What conditions usually require the use of porcelain veneers?
Many patients can benefit from porcelain veneers, including those who have…
- Discolored teeth, patients with fluorosis or tetracycline staining- intrinsic stains that do not respond very well to conventional whitening methods
- Large resin “bonded” fillings in the tooth that lead to severe discoloration and break frequently
- Severely worn teeth, giving the appearance of short and aging teeth
- Cracked, chipped, or broken teeth that cannot be easily repaired with standard bonding procedures
- Irregularly shaped teeth that may have evident craters or bulges on the surface
- Tried orthodontics to align their teeth but have not achieved their desired results
- Narrow smiles, Veneers can be used to give the appearance of a broader smile
What should I expect when getting porcelain veneers?
At the initial consultation, a smile analysis will be done to determine the treatment plan and desired results that the patient and doctors wish to achieve. During this initial consultation phase, patients can share their expectations to help the dentist determine how porcelain veneers can best suit their needs. In preparation for the porcelain veneer, the teeth will be shaped to receive the veneer. An impression of the patient’s teeth will be taken and will be used to fabricate the final veneer.
Temporary veneers that have been custom fabricated to preview the final veneer size, shape and color will be placed while the permanent veneers are being created. This takes approximately two weeks to complete.
Once the final porcelain veneer is ready the patient will return and have the final veneers placed.
The temporary veneer will be removed and each porcelain veneer will be assessed for preciseness of fit, size, shape and color. The veneer will be bonded onto the surface of the tooth using a special resin material. Your new smile will be beautiful and long lasting!
Why choose porcelain veneers?
Veneers are a very viable option in situations where the original tooth structure has been damaged, or is no longer responding to conventional restoration methods, or when in need of a improvement in appearance. Your porcelain veneers will be individually crafted based on your personal needs, making them impossible to detect.
Because they’re made from porcelain, veneers are highly impervious to staining and more closely resemble the color, composition, and luminosity of natural teeth. Since porcelain veneers are as thin as a contact lens, they require a minimal amount of enamel removal.REQUEST AN APPOINTMENT